Friday, February 13, 2009

Boogers

Eirena has developed that special fascination that many toddlers enjoy with boogers. Hers, the cat's, yours, mine... all fascinating. Yesterday she wanted to pick the boogers out of the nose of the alien in her book.
Today we were just sitting down to breakfast when she went excavating. But she said it was stuck. She looked to be in some discomfort, so, being the dutiful mommy I offered to help her. I felt with my finger. It was a little firm. I felt again. Something didn't feel quite right, but she certainly had a booger and from the looks of it, a rather large one. So I tried once more. A little tug. And out came a wad of stuffing from Baby Doll George, that had somehow, quite mysteriously lodged itself in Eirena's nose.

I'm hoping the discomfort of having a large wad of stuffing being pulled out of her nose discourages her from putting anything else up there. Dr. Daddy tried not to snicker while watching, and upon seeing the "booger" said, "you're are going to put that on the blog, aren't you?"

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

That's hilarious. :)
At least she's not putting things in her ears. I think that can sometimes require a trip to the hospital.

JaneH said...

It's not as bad as the time Eleazar stuffed pebbles up his nose. Twice. On a camping trip. And we removed them with a tiny hex wrench, by lying down and having him lie belly-to-belly with us and... excavating... You'd think the first time his parents poked a hex wrench into his nose would convince him, but noooo.

Anonymous said...

Some children's emergency rooms keep "trophy jars" with all the random toys, rocks, etc, that they have extracted from the orifices of children.

- C

Berji's domain said...

Ears would definitely be worse.

So far, I think Eirena has given up on the idea. So far...

I'm sure I really can't imagine all the "treasures" that are in those jars. Gross... :)