Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Problem solving

I'm so excited: one of the main grocery stores that I used to shop at in AZ is finally open here! Hurrah! It is exciting because it has things like apples for 77 cents/lb and strawberries for 88 cents/lb. Today was their grand opening so I took Eirena- we got a free cloth shopping bag out of the deal, and some apples and strawberries! Eirena was particularly excited because she got a free balloon out of the deal.
When we got home the balloon rose to the ceiling. She wanted it to be down. I told her to reach for it (it had a long string). She tried to reach it, but it was just out of her reach. I was about to help her when she ran over to the couch. She took a pillow off of it and threw it on the ground. I decided not to move, but just watch what she did. The clever little girl then stood on the pillow which gave her just enough height to reach her balloon. Good problem solving skills! (Now if only she could transfer that to actions and consequences and obedience...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha.... Sunflower, right? A new one just opened here a few weeks ago, and L and I went there early to get free grocery bags and good deals on blueberries. :)

You have to watch out, now--Eirena has better problem solving skills to help her get into even more messes!

-C