Doesn't Efendim look handsome here?
(This is a picture for those that still don't believe we have two cats!)
Finally, Dr. Daddy comes home tomorrow-hurrah! I usually make a special meal for him. If he is able to be in contact, he may have a special request. Sometimes it is lasagna. This time, it is pizza. Almost all the time, when we make our own pizza, we make pesto sauce instead of red sauce. We LOVE this pesto recipe. It is really good and pretty cheap if you happen to have your own basil and parsley plants.
Basil Pesto
1 c. fresh basil
1/2 c. fresh parsley
1 large clove garlic
1/4 c. nuts (almonds, walnuts, pine nuts...whatever. I think I prefer walnuts or pinenuts)
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese (back when we lived near Trader Joe's I used the actual cheese, but now in our sans TJ life, the powdery stuff from the deli has to suffice. I think it is still paremsan, just not freshly grated in your own kitchen!)
pinch of salt
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
Stick it all in a food processor and whiz away. Store in the fridge until use.
It freezes pretty well too, if you want to make a whole lot at one time. We have used it on pizza, on noodles, on chili, pretty much anything that you'd like to give a little kick to. Enjoy!
Basil Pesto
1 c. fresh basil
1/2 c. fresh parsley
1 large clove garlic
1/4 c. nuts (almonds, walnuts, pine nuts...whatever. I think I prefer walnuts or pinenuts)
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese (back when we lived near Trader Joe's I used the actual cheese, but now in our sans TJ life, the powdery stuff from the deli has to suffice. I think it is still paremsan, just not freshly grated in your own kitchen!)
pinch of salt
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
Stick it all in a food processor and whiz away. Store in the fridge until use.
It freezes pretty well too, if you want to make a whole lot at one time. We have used it on pizza, on noodles, on chili, pretty much anything that you'd like to give a little kick to. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment