Eirena has a thing about shoes. She will ONLY wear her pink shoes these days. But once we're out, either in the car or in a store, she likes to take them and her socks off. (I think that has to do with being an AZ baby.) At times I wonder if it is some sort of game for her to see how quickly she can fling off her socks and shoes.
Anyway, today I had many (3) errands to run. We were in the first store and she was sitting in the main cart and removed her shoes. I like to give her the exercise of walking herself back to the car, so I put them back on her little feet. She tried again to take them off, but I stopped her. We got to the second store. I was keeping her busy walking the aisles so she didn't have time to take off her socks and shoes. But then I paused to browse. (After two years of parenting, I really should know better than to try and browse with a kid in tow.) For a while she just ran between the clothes hanging on the racks. I could hear and see her going by. Then she disappeared. I couldn't hear her giggles or shrieking anymore. I decided that browsing time had ended and finding small child time had begun. I looked up and down the area she had been running. Silence. I peeked at the next section over.Nothing. I widen my circle of searching. And then, way down, on the ground, was a little figure. Her pink shoes were off. But she was quite absorbed in trying on the shoes on display. Go figure.
3 comments:
It sounds like your little girl keeps you on your toes :) Fun story.
Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear more about your wine, women, and fondue parties! It sounds like a great time. Does someone always serve fondue?
Also, the soaps you're selling look wonderful. I will have to poke around more to see if I can find info on shipping, and also what's in them (I'm allergic to vitamin E which seems to be in so many products these days). Thanks!
I think taking things off goes with the age and stage she is in. All of my kids took their shoes off in the car until they started to get disciplined for it. They never wear their shoes in the house and would go barefoot year round if I let them! I guess I'm the same way though so I can't blame them!!
Yeah, I can't blame her too much for taking her shoes off- I wear flip flops just about year-round and we're always barefoot at home!
I will do a post on the wine, women and fondue :)
we don't add vitamin E to the soaps- it is only natural oils,sodium hydroxide and essential oils. Allergic to vitamin E sounds like it would be very hard to buy any commercial cosmetic!
Post a Comment