So "Joel" got tagged on Facebook again. This time about the labor he went through with his firstborn. I figured I would answer the questions, ;) here.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? overwhelmed...it meant not going to Tibet for the summer and many other changes of plans
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 25
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Home pregnancy test
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Dr. Daddy
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? no
9. DUE DATE? December 1-3, 2006
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? not much
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? meat and broccoli and chocolate (oh wait, that is regardless of pregnancy!)
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? not much
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? nope, but I, and many others did think she was going to be a boy
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? About 30
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? No surprise
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? yes, she didn't want to come, the cord was wrapped around her neck and the placenta didn't come out
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? hospital with midwife attending
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? difficult to say... I was induced in the morning but nothing really happened (technically I was having contractions but the midwife said they couldn't be too bad if I was able to watch Men In Black while they were going on). The midwife broke the amniotic sac at about 10:30 pm and I was in hard labor for 3 hrs.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? The midwife, Dr. Daddy, a nurse (maybe?) my mom
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural all the way
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? no pain meds for the birth, I got a spinal afterward because a doctor had to remove the placenta
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 8 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? December 13 - ten days late
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Eirena Sofya
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? two
2 comments:
Ha Ha! does Joel ever take a look at "his" facebook page?
he did yesterday- very briefly :)
how are you and Twinkie doing?
Post a Comment