Yesterday was a miserable day for both Eirena and me. She was still stick, so we made a Dr.'s appointment. An hour later we were done, except that they had promised to "bring out in just a couple minutes" the letter from the doctor for the dossier. A couple of minutes later apparently actually means 60 minutes in the time warp that is a doctor's office. Finally I got the letters. Now I needed to go the pharmacy to pick up the meds. More waiting (with a sick child).
I also had hoped to go grocery shopping for 'double ad Wednesday'. By this time we were closer to the grocery store than we were to home, so I figured it would be more economical to just go to the store rather than drive back home and then head out later in the afternoon. Well 'double ad Wednesday' is just madness. Madness, madness, madness. From circling the parking lot twice looking for a parking spot to waiting 30 minutes for the meat to be brought out (because the deal was so good people were stocking up and they couldn't keep up with the customers).
I was totally stressed out trying to get all the things done and keep Eirena happy and tend to her needs. At various times I wanted to snarl at people or just have a break down, but I didn't. One thing that helped was seeing people everywhere with ashes on their foreheads. What an excellent reminder it was to me that even when I was feeling rotten, I still need to be salt and light in the world. I may not have been walking around with ash on my forehead, but my life should be as obvious to others as if I did. Not just on Ash Wednesday, but everyday.
3 comments:
A good reminder! Thanks Jeanette. And I hope Eirena gets better soon!
What does Eirena have? Both of my kids have been sick for the past week with cold/flu stuff...and then Rebekah got a double ear infection on top of that. They're on the mend though, so I'm glad for that!
she had a fever and then also essentially some type of cold sores in her mouth- we don't know if the fever was because of the cold sores or the cold sores showed up b/c of a weak immune system- nasty either way.
Double ear infection sounds miserable!
Post a Comment