You gotta love them! In the grocery flier for Randalls (Safeway), they advertised a free 12oz cup of tea from their in-store Starbucks. Of course I decided that I would do my grocery shopping there this week, even though I usually find it over priced.
So I got up to the counter to get my free tea. It wasn't exactly clear what you could or could not get with the coupon so I decided to just ask the lady. She said that I could get any tea, and pointed to the sign board with all their tea drinks listed. So I said I would get a 'chai'. Sorry, she told me, you can't get that. (It was the last drink on the tea list, it was under the dollar limit, but who am I to question the logic of the company.) So I asked her (again) what I could get, and she named everything on the list, except the 'chai'. (Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?)
Instead I order a 'London Fog'. The description was "black tea with hints of lavender and bergamont". It wasn't bad... it was like Earl Grey with some lavender in it. I don't think I would pay $3 for it, but this was free, so I was happy with it.
When I got home, I was going to throw out the cup. I opened the lid and looked at the tea bag... "London Fog"? Actually, it was just a tea bag of Tazo's Earl Grey in milk. But it sounds so much more classy when you call it "London Fog".
3 comments:
Too funny! I guess you can't get three bucks for it if you tell everyone it's just Earl Gray tea :) I'm personally hooked on Starbucks Mocha Frappuccinos. My husband is convinced they must slip some kind of drug in there that makes them so addictive. (Caffeine, maybe?) Thanks for sharing your fun story.
Hi there,
Sorry, I should have mentioned, I think I found you through Rocks in My Dryer . . . the post about the mouse, maybe? Anyway, thanks for visiting me at my blog. And I wish I could help you with the dog flatulence thing. Our dog has the same problem! :o
Just so you know, after reading your blog I checked our ad for a coupon. Then I went to Safeway more than once that week just to get the free drink. I don't think I'd pay that much for it, but they're pretty good...and easy to make at home. I drink regular tea most of the time, but making it a "latte," dresses it up for special occasions (or the not so special occasions like studying. Maybe I can talk myself into working harder if I just had a nice warm beverage.... :) ) You know you're a pathetic student when you go out of your way to get free stuff. ;)
-C
Post a Comment