Monday, January 26, 2009

Poop

There is poop in the house. So I was informed by the 2 year old. I did a quick scan around and didn't see that any creature had displaced their poop. So I asked Eirena was she meant. She told me there was mouse poop in the house.
This is Eirena's mouse:


It is a "whatchamacallit" that my dad gave to me many years ago (because he said, it reminded him of me). Eirena discovered one day and now calls it a mouse and likes to have it "ride the bus".
Needless to say, I am relieved there is no real mouse and no real mouse poop in the house. But I am slightly disturbed that my daughter's imaginative play involves mice and poop. And coaxing the mouse to poop. Oh yes. A while after I told her she should clean up the imaginary poop because we didn't want poop laying around, I saw her bending over the mouse. In a very concerned voice she was asking the mouse, "did you poop?" "did you poop?" Such a good little mommy- to a fake mouse!

No comments: