Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nap time

I think Eirena may be dropping her afternoon nap. Oh dear. Not that we won't keep the 2 hr afternoon 'down time', oh that will still be happening for both of our sanity's. But Eirena only actually slept two out of 7 days this week.
Yesterday I went in to get her after her two hours were up. I walked into her room and there she was holding Puppy Dog, little dog Uc, Fuzzy Bear, Big Bear, Squirt Bear and Baby Doll George without her diaper on. Now I put her to bed with a diaper on, and in fact it was a diaper with loops and a button in the back to hold the velcro on. But that diaper was most definitely off, two hours later.
I asked her what happened to her diaper. Eirena looked at me very seriously and said, "Eirena took diaper off." Trying not to laugh, I asked her why she took her diaper off. Again very seriously she looked at me and said, "Eirena holding diaper in arms."
Sure enough, there was her diaper along with all her "friends". I never got any more of an explanation of how the diaper came to be off, or why, but at least she is staying dry through her "naps"!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, I know that feeling! I know you want to hang on to that afternoon down time with another baby coming! Louis used to take his diaper off all the time in nap time when he was 2. Sometimes he would fall asleep on the floor, sans diaper, just before his "rest time" was up.

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

Yes, Rebekah too has transitioned to "rest time" in the afternoon as opposed to nap time... at least on days when we won't be out late in the evening. She has to be on her bed, but can read books and play with her dolls/animals. Sometimes though, like today, she will fall asleep near the end of rest time. Then I have to decide whether to wake her up and deal with a grumpy child for a few hours or let her stay up late!

By the way, I found my blog background at (no gagging, please) www.thecutestblogontheblock.com. Heh. Actually I think I ended up at that website through Jacqueline's blog and found some interesting backgrounds. I found a lot that are really tacky too, but a few that I wouldn't mind using. I was getting bored with the old one!

Oh, and congrats on coming up with 25 things. =) And yes, we'll have to go rock climbing!

Berji's domain said...

After 5 out of 7 with no nap and a rather cranky kid, I walked in one day and found Eirena "riding the bus" during nap time- sitting on top of the back of the couch/bed- straddling it. I told her that she had to lay down during nap time. So far that has worked to get her to sleep and makes for a much more pleasant rest of the day.