I heard on the news today that something around 600 million jobs were lost last year. Not trying to be flippant, but I did feel a certain sense of pleasure at my job security. Unless something very drastic happens, I will have my present job for at least 16 more years. I don't get quite the pay or retirement benefits, nor the severance package, so at least I can say that I have a pretty secure job!
2 comments:
I always tell my friends that with motherhood there are no sick days, few vacation and the pay stinks but the commute is easy and no one seems to mind that you are sleeping with the boss! I guess I'll have to add "job security" to the list of benefits - besides the obvious ones of getting to raise my little treasures :)
don't forget that you can start (and end?) your job in your pj's! no power suits needed :)
Post a Comment