Friday, January 23, 2009

25 Random Things

My sister in law tagged me on facebook for 25 random things about me. Since it is actually Dr. Daddy's name on the facebook page, I thought I would post the randomness here. And I will spare you 25 minute details about Berji's short life, even though this is her domain.
1. I dislike driving.
2. I dream of being very artistic and then I try something and then I remember why I'm actually not an artist.
3. I dislike wearing pink.
4. I actually enjoy running.
5. I have a hard time motivating myself to do anything (including running).
6. I've always thought birds and fish didn't really count as pets.
7. It has been 10 years since I've been in India.
8. It doesn't get much better than a nice hot latte.
9. I love DARK chocolate (65% or darker).
10. I was secretly intimidated by all my female cousins- even the ones younger than me. (I still am, its just not so much of a secret anymore.)
11. I don't do well in cold dark climates.
12. One of the primary reasons for choosing AZ for grad school was the lack of winter.
13. I miss speaking, thinking and dreaming in Turkish and Hindi.
14. I am not a perfectionist.
15. I like surprises but rarely am actually surprised.
Really? 25 things?
16. This is not the way I imagined my life, even in high school. (Good thing God knows what it best for us.)
17. I'm pretty sure I will never be a bridesmaid because all my close female friends have oodles of sisters.
18. I like watching swimming competitions, track and field, gymnastics and tennis. Dr. Daddy is not a sports watcher.
19. I've known Dr. Daddy more than half my life.
20. I haven't taken a math class since 11th grade.
21. I like watching people (and am therefore paranoid that there are always other people watching me make a fool of myself).
22. My natural wake up time is 8 AM. Anything earlier is always a struggle regardless of how consistently I do it.
23. I think a beauty in hand made items is that they are not perfect, like mass produced items. It is the little "flaws" that give things character.
24. I've wished I could "do" the medical field because job searching is so much more straightforward.
25. My favorite color is green. And then blue. And then autumnal colors.

Whew! That's done. Ok, now it is your turn... fill up the comments section with 25 random things about you.

5 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Intimidated by your own cousins!! really? Jess, Chris and I always thought WE didn't measure up because we weren't MKs, PKs or cool like Jen and Josh. I wish all our family could have been (and even now could be) close enough to get to know better ... sigh.

Anonymous said...

Funny...I always felt intimidated because we were the homeschooled ones who lived in Idaho. I do also wish we could all be closer now.

-Kati

Berji's domain said...

I was always intimidated because I am totally not musically talented, my parents thought I was rebellious, I didn't bake bread, wasn't athletic, cool or beautiful. --I always overheard the various conversations about how this cousin of mine is doing this_____ amazing thing or whatever. I never did anything amazing and was always just weird. :)

Catherine said...

Jeannette, all the Houston Saylors think you are totally cool, athletic and beautiful!! And I've tasted your homemade bread. :) I'm interested to hear about your rebellion though...next post?

Anonymous said...

you? rebellious?!! hardly! You do have a non-conformist streak in you, and as a phlegmatic it shows up in quiet ways. I doubt they thought you were rebellious though. Just non-conformist as any good phlegmatic is. Just blame it on getting dad's temperment. :) Nathan