Eirena knows all about airports. She has been to them lots of times, but only flown on one trip. But she knows that is where you get on a plane. With Dr. Daddy's latest trip, Eirena has been wanting to go on an airplane too. So we told her she needed a passport. (This was at about the same time we were going to get her passport application.) So now she knows that you need a passport to get on an airplane, and Dr. Daddy does research in Colombia.
At lunch today she asked if she could go to Colombia too. I told her she didn't have a passport, but maybe in a few years she could go. Well then she started narrating the story of how we went to apply for her passport. I finished it with telling her that we put the paperwork in the mail, and it will go over to an office and then they will send us back her passport in the mail. She thought about two seconds and then said "and then Eirena get on airplane and go away way way Colombia and do research!!!" (She was very excited about this.)
I think Dr. Daddy has a field assistant in the making.
3 comments:
Hey, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your comment today on my WFMW post. I expected not so great responses and it's been encouraging instead. thanks.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my WFMW post. I hope it works for you and all your grease stains are history. :-)
That sounds just like Rebekah! Isn't it amazing (and often rather hilarious) to see how their little brains reason things out at this age?!
Post a Comment