To follow up on what I posted about Eirena and toys I thought I would share an example of one of her activities. ~Just for fun!
In the afternoon/evening we go outside. She has a special "outside" truck. It stays outside (and soon you will know why). She scoops up dirt from our non existent garden (because she is constantly scooping dirt and the dog is perpetually digging), dumps it in her truck and pushes the truck down the walkway. She and the truck get to the end of the cement, turn around and somewhere along the way the "trash truck" empties itself of all its dirt. So then Eirena responsibly grabs the broom to "clean up trash truck mess".
All this while I have been watching her and playing fetch with the dog. But fetch is no match for Broom Wrestle! Uc quickly abandons the tennis ball and chases after the broom. Eirena shrieks and tells Uc "no". I try to teach her how to not antagonize the dog (sibling?) and then distract the dog so that she can continue.
Once the mess is "cleaned up", we repeat the process over and over until she gets bored and lies in the dirt or decides she will play fetch. Or helps point out Uc's poop for me to clean up.
I noticed that strangely we are the only house on the street whose walkway constantly has dirt on it (despite my best efforts to sweep it back into the garden).
No comments:
Post a Comment