for jelly beans.
Eirena wanted to go to the library today. Unfortunately she dawdled all morning so we didn't get out the door until 11:30 AM. She insisted on walking- no bike, no stroller. And I told her I wasn't going to carry her (I was already carrying 11 books to return).
Going to the library she is motivated by getting her favorite books back. On the way home though, it is even hotter and she's tired from the walk up, its getting to be lunch time, etc. Well I had a brilliant flash of inspiration, if-I-do-say-so-myself. I had some jellybeans in my pocket (they are her very special treat). I encouraged her to run to various points (usually the shade from trees) and then she got a jellybean. We have never gotten home so quickly! There was no fussing, whining, or complaining or cajoling. We had a happy walk home and now she is worn out from running and is napping. Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment