Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Guilty Pleasure
We'll chock it up to the little wee one, but I have been thinking that ramen noodles sound good for a while. I have convinced myself that all the fat and msg and weirdness in them was not a good idea for baby. But my mind still wandered back to them again and again. So it just had to be a sign when I got to the grocery store and they had ramen on sale, right? And not just any noodles, but organic noodles, with no funky additives and no msg. They even had a seaweed flavored one, and seaweed must have something good in it for baby, right? I looked at the ingredient list and it was actually all real food. Imagine that. So yes, I caved. I got some. Just one serving, for lunch today. I added an egg and some cheese to make it "healthy". That counts, right? Please, someone tell me they have had weirder cravings... please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
yes, I craved banana yellow patent leather stillettoes - not to eat - but I craved them none the less. I also craved and ate a lot of kimchee and california rolls since I wasn't allowed to eat sushi. Let's see, Mi Jang is like ramen except it is fire hot and spicey and I ate a ton of it. Cravings aren't a bad thing as long as you keep them in balance and it sounds like you are :)
First, I do read your blog regularly. Second, my apologies that I don't post more often. And on to the comment...
Oh boy, well this had nothing to do with cravings but when I went grocery shopping at the Walmart Super Center, I thought of you (not because it was walmart). Just because I remembered my dear friends from AZ (ok TX now) who were brave with foods, or perhaps didn't only eat meat and potatoes. Anyways I was wondering, do you have any suggestions for 'spicing up' rice and what's your couscous (sp?) recipe? Hope you're doing well. love - Meghan
Kroger California rolls! I devoured them my first trimester. And Antone's Po-Boys with Minute Maid fruit punch.
I must say I have yet to crave shoes!Shoes are the bane of my existence though (only partially joking) so if I started raving them I'd know someone was seriously wrong.
Spicy food usually is quite appealing. Mmmm! good curry :)
Meghan, send me your email addy again and I'll email you some recipes!
Cathy: what is a po'boy exactly? heard of them, never had one (that I know of)
If I remember correctly with E all you wanted for lunch was boxed Mac and Cheese... I think Ramen is a step up. With ARM all I ate was chips and salsa so at least yours has protein.
field.meghan@gmail.com
It's not such a weird craving, maybe, but I remember with my second baby I wasn't that interested in food, mostly wanted carbonated fruit juices like Juice Squeeze. I was amazed that I still put on 30 pounds considering it felt like I was hardly eating more than normal. Guess the body just knows what it wants! Ramen noodles sound pretty tasty :)
With Hannah, I craved waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, with a side of cole slaw! Odd! With Mason all I could keep down was kettle cooked potato chips and Hungry Man Meals. Pretty nasty, now that I think about it!
Post a Comment