Monday, August 3, 2009

Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear was looking scuzzy. He has had many adventures recently since he has become the CONSTANT companion of our two year old. He goes down the slide first at the park he goes to church with us, he plays in the dirt, he sat in some stranger's gum, he eats most meals with us and spills his food like a regular toddler. So it was time to wash him. But how?
Really, this isn't the best time to be taking a best friend away. Eirena is relying on him for moral support and comfort while her other parental figure is getting some research done - elsewhere. (And if anyone tries to visit us with ill intentions be warned: we have a crazy dog!) Anyway, so Fuzzy Bear is getting scuzzy and I really don't want to wait 2 weeks to wash him. So I tried to casually suggest he needed a bath. That didn't work. I tried to convince Eirena to put him in the washer. Much lamenting and wailing ensued. We had a long talk about how it was part of taking good care of him to let him have a bath. Reluctantly but bravely, he went in the wash machine. We snuggled over Blueberries For Sal. But then it was nap time. Fuzzy Bear always takes a nap with her. Poor Eirena, she sobbed and sobbed wanting her friend (but by this time he was swishing around in a pool of water). After attempting other comfort techniques, I closed the door on a very sad little girl.
I know its not the end of the world. But it sure feels like it to her! But Fuzzy Bear will certainly look nicer after a little TLC.

No comments: