Yesterday I took Eirena outside to get the mail and noticed that it was COOL! (By this I mean it was in the low-mid 80s.) The sky was dark, I heard a little lightning, and it felt so pleasant. I let Eirena play outside while drops of rain started to fall. We got wet. It rained some more. Eirena kept playing outside. I ran back inside and opened up the windows and turned off the A/C. It rained for a good two hours at our place, the ground sucking up the moisture like a hungry baby. And it felt wonderful to feel the coolness of the evening. To breathe FRESH air again.
When I went to let Uc out this morning I was greeted, not by the usual humid heavy air that never really cooled down, but by a cool morning air that had a lightness to it. Like the world was new again. And then I realized, "I have been missing this for months". I miss waking up and smelling a new day, with freshness in the air. It doesn't feel much like a new day to me when you're still feeling the humidity left over from the past 53 days of 100+ weather. Maybe I'm spoiled from where I grew up and where I spent the last five years, but this morning I felt like I could really breathe in morning air. And I loved it!
1 comment:
humidity breaking provides such a breath of fresh air, literally and psychologically!
smelling peppermint oil sounds like a great anti-nausea tip to me. i'll have to get some. i've also read that you can use it in homemade cleaning recipes and as a rodent deterrent.
thanks so much for commenting over at my place:)
Post a Comment