Last night Dr. Daddy and I put Eirena to bed a few minutes early. Okay, it was more like 30 minutes early. Yes, we were being selfish. We had guests and wanted to get down to a game of Seafarers of Catan. In our defense, Eirena had had two rather long, eventful days and didn't take a nap on either of them, so we figured she could use the extra down time.
Apparently she didn't think so. She was talking rather vociferously in her room to her animals. She was singing. And she was getting into mischief. In an effort to get a little air circulation in her room, we had the window open. The window next to her bed. Well at one point after she had been talking and singing for over an hour I went in to tell her to calm down. There she sat very nekkid- diaper on the floor, pajamas across the bed and the window with a shredded screen. What we suspect happened was that she kicked the screen out. After closing the window, redressing her and telling her she was NOT to be kicking screens out, she settled down and went to bed. We will replace the screen and hopefully all will be well. My hyper imagination can do a fabulous job of thinking of all the horrible things that could have befallen her.
And then today she told that she was spitting out the window, into the backyard. As in sticking her head out the screen. Egads... I'm so glad I went to check on her!
3 comments:
http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=609&cat=Childproofing
I don't know if you are in a two story building or not but $30 is more than worth it when you think about it. Glad she was o.k.!!
don't feel too bad, our first week here David drank kerosene. Ok we don't think it made it past the lips. We think he got a bit and spit it right out. But then he poured it down his shirt and onto the quilt I am making. Grrrrr.
Haha. When I was around Eirena's age I cut my fingers off in a metal floor fan and tried to electrocute myself by sticking a nail into an electrical outlet. Somehow I survived to be a very cautious adult... though my mom may be a little worse for the wear.
--C
Post a Comment