Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Toys

So I got an ipod. It was an incentive, it was free and we didn't have to purchase anything to get it. Dr. Daddy already has his listening device so he didn't need it. We got it primarily because it was free, because we're cheapskates like that. Actually, at the time I remember debating whether or not to get it, even though it was free, because I wasn't sure I would use it.
Turns out, I still am not sure I will use it. I finally figured out how to get music. But I still haven't figured out when to use it. During the day I'm with Eirena. At night I'm with Dr. Daddy. Mostly, I'm at home and we have a stereo system at home. When I'm not at home I'm usually in the car or running errands... with Eirena. To me, the logical time to use it would be when we're running. But, then I'm with Dr. Daddy and Eirena, and it is a rather social time. So when can I use it?
I confess, there have been exactly two times when we have gone running and I have used it. It was very nice, but the reason I was using it was that Dr. Daddy and I couldn't run next to each other so it was solo running anyway. But that typically isn't the case. It seems a shame to have a new toy and not use it, dontchya think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My old roommate gave me a knock-off brand mp3 player that I didn't use at all until I started using the elliptical (running was too hard on my knees). But in the last few weeks I've used it a ton...to listen to lectures while I do chores, eat, etc, so as not to waste any studying time. ugh. Good thing they're good lectures. Enjoy NOT using your toy. If it's too practical, it's not fun anymore.
--C

PS I like the name of E's toy! :)