Thursday, May 14, 2009

Conversations with Eirena

Eirena is a great conversationalist. Unfortunately she doesn't usually understand how to answer "why" questions. For example, this afternoon I went to get her up from her nap.
I walked into her room and greeted her, then asked her what she was doing (obviously not napping!). She said, "I was in my bed and I peed in my bed".
I went over to take a look. I didn't see any wet spot. "Was it a big pee or a little pee?" I asked.
E:A little pee.
Me:Why did you pee in your bed?
E: I was in my bed and I put Fuzzy Bear to bed.
Me: That's nice, but why did you pee in your bed?
E: I did not tear the sheet. (Unlike last time when she destroyed the sheet, we're making a little progress.)
Me: Good! But why did you pee in your bed?
E: It came from my bum.

At which point I gave up and asked her if she would like to go pee now. She can answer just about any question except the "whys".

No comments: