Yesterday I was showing Eirena a map of the world. It had the different continents colored, so we live in the red, Dr. Daddy does research in the purple, Grandad and Grandma live in the green, and her baby brother or sister lives in the orange. She thought that was pretty fun, but couldn't figure out why we weren't going to get her baby brother or sister posthaste!
There is only one document that we are waiting on to receive before we can send in our dossier to our adoption agency. It is the approval from United States Custom and Immigration Services (USCIS) to allow us to adopt. On Saturday it will have been a month since they fingerprinted us. So we're waiting. Sometimes more patiently than others.
One thing I know and must remind myself of often, is that you can't rush God. He will work things out in His time, not mine. Another thing that helps me get through the waiting is, whenever I start to get anxious or stressed about the process, to pray. Not just "God please help me not be stressed", but rather, I start to pray for our child. I don't know if he or she is even born yet. I don't know what the situation is that will cause him or her to go to an orphanage. I don't even know if it will be a HE or a SHE! But God does know. I can pray for the child, the birth family and for our family. And somehow when I'm focusing on that, I realize that God is so much greater than us, than it really is silly for me to get uptight about it.
1 comment:
That's very beautiful, Jeannette. I was just thinking about your baby the other day, and how amazing it is to think he or she might already be born! I will pray for him or her too.
Post a Comment