I really do think that if you're going to curled-up-in-a-fetal-position sick the dust bunnies should have the decency to be sick too. Or at least take a vacation in multiplying. My dust bunnies don't think so. Today and tomorrow are "spring cleaning" days. Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that we have friends coming to visit...
Growing up we moved house quite often. Then I went to boarding school for high school- a new room every semester, and stayed in the dorms at college- a new room every year. It wasn't until wedding anniversaries 3-6 that we were in the same abode. Upon moving out of that house, it occurred to me that really, I need to be more intentional about frequent "deep cleaning". (Not that I never cleaned, our old place, it just could have used a little more structure.) Now when we did our home study back in December I did some pretty major cleaning and while part of me wants to think that should be enough for the year, I did happen to look at the fans in the kitchen the other day. They told me otherwise. So I'm cleaning.
Do you do Spring Cleaning?
What do you do that is different (or extra)?
How often do you do "deep cleaning"?
Are you a neat freak? (Just so I feel better when you say you deep clean biweekly!)
3 comments:
totally off topic. (I hate cleaning and try to avoid it as much as possible. . .) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am seriously having doubts that I can do this whole 5k thing. . .
I wish I could say I still follow
www.flylady.net
but I haven't stayed on track. Like you we have moved just about every other year and the house gets "deep" cleaned then. Right now I'm just trying to stay caught up on the things I see - like washing the wall, the cabinet fronts, the baseboards. I usually steam clean 4 times a year due to necessity but no matter how much I love a clean house, I have a life and most days I do the bare minimum.
I think I'm about in the same situation as you. If you move often enough, you just deep clean when all the furniture is gone. In the meantime, keep dust bunnies well hidden. :) I don't really do all my spring cleaning in one day or weekend so I probably deep clean twice a year, but do different things each of those times. But if something looks dirty enough in the meantime, it gets cleaned too.
My real problem is weekly cleaning. It's more like monthly cleaning unfortunately. Maybe I'll get more done when I don't work away from home 40 hours a week... maybe.
Post a Comment