Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh YUM!

Last night Dr. Daddy and I were feeling in the need for something a little different. We thought of going out for dinner (this is a rather big deal for us- me, at least), but couldn't really think of where to go. We haven't really been out to eat much since moving here and so only know of two non-chain restaurants that are worth going to, but we didn't feel like either of those options. But thanks to wonderful google, I randomly typed in Ethiopian food and got a hit. We decided to expand our cultural awareness, prepare for our child and be good citizens of the world. We went to try Ethiopian food.

Oh.My.Word. VERY YUMMY! I have no standard to compare this with, but we both took our bites and smiled. The food was full of spice and flavor. We got two separate entrees and each entree came with three veggie sides, plus the national bread. So we got to try 6 dishes! They were all yummy, and we have so much leftover we get to have the rest for dinner tonight. *smile* Eirena really liked the bread and one of the lentil dishes. A few of the dishes were too spicy for her, but others still had flavor and weren't too hot.
And now at least we know we won't starve when we go get Eirena's little sibling! If you like spiced food, try some Ethiopian food. We certainly liked all that we had.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sounds yummy! I think we have an Ethiopian place here too. We should try it sometime. Bloomington is great for ethnic places. I have yet to visit the Tibetan restaurant we have but really want to, so I can try their momos. All we're missing is a good Sri Lankan restaurant. Oh I miss SL food so much.

Unknown said...

Did you not go to Zimmams while you were here? Yours sounds better though.

Berji's domain said...

We always talked about going to Zemams, and never actually did. Did Adam go for his "cultural awareness" exercise?

Rhonda, you should go to the Tibetan place because I want to know what they serve (besides momos). :)