Thursday, March 26, 2009

At the mall

A few days ago we took Eirena to the mall. We were hoping to find a fun play area or something interesting for her to do there. Well there was no play area, but she did find something very interesting.
There was a store. As is typical of mall stores, it had big windows to look into, and what did she see? Right up next to the window was a lady with her feet in a bath and there were bubbles. How cool! And a man was scrubbing the lady's feet. And next to the lady there was another lady and she was having something interesting done to her hands. It was so fascinating to our little two year old, she pressed her face up against the window and was taking it all in. Dr. Daddy and I tried to not draw attention to ourselves. We tried standing back and asking her to come to us, but she was just too fascinated. And then I looked into the window of the salon. All the women down the row were smiling and chuckling at the little girl fascinated with their pedicures, manicures and hair styling. (I was relieved the ladies were good-natured about it.) All the while Dr. Daddy and I marveled at how different Eirena is from us. The world is fascinating, it must be explored! Who says you can't watch a random stranger get a pedicure through a shop window?

1 comment:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

How funny. I am guessing that a pedicure would look interesting to a 2 year old. I Love that you shared about the green bra, in my comments. That was so funny! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a comment.