Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wisdom from Dad

This is a poem my dad wrote for the church newsletter when he was pastor of a church. I was having one of "those" days today. I took a few moments to stop and read the Bible and pray. Then as I was mopping the floor this poem came to mind. What a great reminder that having a time to listen, reflect and respond to God is necessary!
Tomorrow I Dread
Alarm beeps at 6:30
I'll catch another 40
Now I'm late
Don't feel great
Gulp my breakfast
Bus roars past
Without stopping
Have to start walking
My boss glowers
My work towers
When it's time for lunch
I've got numbers to crunch
The afternoon drags
My colleague brags
His numbers are up
Mine are stuck
Dark outside
I'll catch a ride
Home's a mess
No place for rest
Kids are fussin'
Wife is naggin'
TV- boring stuff
I've had enough
I'm off to bed
Tomorrow I dread
Nothing new under the sun
Life's not much fun
I've got a confession
I'm a Christian
God comes calling
But I'm not listening
"God, I"ve got no time
But, hey- I'm doin' just fine"
I'm off to bed
Tomorrow I dread.
-Kenneth Waldock

No comments: