Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm too old for this

There are times when having a small, Japanese-made car is a problem and that would be when you know you get 40+mpg on the highway. Why is that a problem? Because then driving across 3 states is cheaper than flying. The result is that we drove 14 hrs to get to Az for Dr. Daddy's defense.

We wisely chose to drive at night so Eirena could sleep most of the way. However, we arrived rather sleep deprived (but Eirena was chipper!) and then never really caught up on sleep for the next 3 days. Seeing friends was way too important at night and Eirena was still getting up at her regular time. And then we drove back to "God's country" through the night, 14hrs. We made it thanks to God, painfully strong coffee from Starbucks and Trader Joe's snacks (oh how I miss TJs). And we all three took naps, went to bed early and slept for close to 12 hours.

In highschool we would have weeks at the end of the semester when we stayed up late and got very little sleep. But trying to do this now??? I really am to old for this whole no-sleep thing.

And speaking of being too old... I promised Dr. Daddy that when he got his PhD I would run 10km. Why oh why did I make such a promise? But wait... his graduation isn't actually until December, so I have 2 1/2 more months before I have to do this, right?!

No comments: