I got this recipe from a friend who cut it out of a newspaper a while ago, so I have no idea what the original source is, but it is REALLY good!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichuri - 4 servings
1 c. packed flat-leafed parsley
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c. fresh oregano leaves
1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves
3 cloves garlic
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. crushed red pepper
1/2 t. salt.
Combine the above ingredients in a blender/food processor until smooth. Reserve 1/2 c. of the puree for serving. Pour over 2 lb. pork tenderloins (I just did 4 cuts of pork because that is the way they came from Costco.) Marinate 2-12 hrs, turn occasionally.
Prepare grill for medium heat (or turn the broiler on!). Remove pork from marinade, wipe off excess marinade (I didn't do this and I don't think it hinder the recipe any!). Grill, turning often until cooked, 15-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Even Dr. Daddy who isn't a pork fan thought this tasted good. I served it with:
Spinach with Rice (from Greece) serves 4
1 1/2 lb. fresh spinach
6 scallions, cut crosswise
5 T. olive oil
salt
3 T. risotto/med. grain rice
2 T. freshly chopped dill
1 T. fresh lemon juice (I always do more)
trim the spinach and separate the leaves. Wash well and drain. Bring 12 c. water to a rolling boil & drop in spinach leaves. Cook 1-2 min. or until just wilted. Drain, run under cold water & drain in colander.
Put 2 c. water in a wide pot and bring to a boil. Put in scallions, oil, 1/2 t. salt and rice. Cook on med.-high heat, stirring now and then for 10-12 min. or until rice is just done & the liquid is reduced to a little thick sauce (for some reason this always takes longer than 10-12 min. for me). Put in the spinach and 1/2 t. salt. Stir and cook for 2-3 min. Add the dill and lemon juice and stir to mix. Serve hot.
I eat spinach, because I know it is good for me, but I am always happy to disguise its taste. I think this recipe does a great job of making the spinach yummy!
If you try either of these, let me know what you think!
2 comments:
Okay I have the ingredients now! I'm going to try it!
Well, I guessed wouldn't have time to marinade it and cook it later, so I just put the pork chops in the crock pot with the spices and some random vegetables and cooked it on high for 6 hours. It was the best tasting dish I've made in the crock pot yet! Thanks!
Post a Comment