Monday, December 1, 2008

We really do live in a city...

although sometimes I question that. This morning I was drinking my cup of bliss (coffee, obviously!) and looking at the sunrise. I was watching the trees blowing in the wind and then something caught my eye- something up high in the branches of the tree. And then it looked up and I saw the characteristic "mask" face of a raccoon! I pointed it out to Dr. Daddy and then we watched it sniff in a bird's nest, and then climb down the tree.

To date I have also seen possum routing around in the backyard and one morning even disturbed a family of deer that came to graze on our fresh grass. They also turn our motion lights on at night. I have also seen cardinals and blue jays flitting from one tree to the next. And, one day walking with Eirena to the library I saw a fox walking down a street in the middle of the afternoon!

And now for some shameless self-promotion....
well actually I shouldn't say "shameless" but I digress- in an effort to raise some money for our adoption, we are trying to sell some stuff. So check out sofyaswords and tell anyone you think might be interested!

1 comment:

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

What?!! My pictures only sell for $2 while your calligraphy sells for $10? What happened to equality? :) Make sure the pics print up okay at the right size. If you need better quality, let me know and I'll send the original size pics to you.