I have a dilemma: we have a cement floor downstairs which attracts dirt and fur like tape. Yesterday and today are wet and rainy days, but the floor needs to be cleaned. Now the dog is mostly house broken, which is great, but that means that she needs to go outside. (And come back in.) And the weather is actually warm (for two days) so the kid needs to go outside (and come back in). I should mention that yesterday the dog and the child worked in close collaboration to make a mud puddle across the breadth of the sidewalk right before you climb the steps, so there is no avoiding mud.
So my dilemma is this:
should I wash my floor, since it needs it, only to see the satisfaction of a clean floor be instantly dirtied?
should I ignore the fact that the floor needs to be cleaned and wait until all things in the universe are perfect before I touch it?
should I clean, clean and clean some more?
should I clean it once and then pretend that I stenciled/painted dirty paw and foot prints onto the floor for decoration?
what would you do?
3 comments:
I would give Eirena a wash cloth and spray bottle and let her go to!! Louis was just looking at her pictures here and said, "I like seeing pictures of Eirena SO MUCH and I love her so much I can't believe it!"
This sounds like my excuse for all housework.
"But I just did it yesterday"... When it reaches the point where I can no longer stand it, it's time to clean it. :) Ok so sometimes it gets done before that but not usually - if I'm being completely honest. But I'm sure you already knew that. :)
I leave beach towels by the door like a rug and instruct the boys to wipe their feet. When they try and it still doesn't cut it, I use the towel to spot clean after the boys are down for nap. I put out a fresh towel after they are done with the in and out for awhile and then I just have a lot of laundry to do. Better than mopping :-)
Post a Comment