Monday, November 3, 2008

You want Mommy to kiss your what better?

Go back a few posts with me to the story of Eirena and the fire ants. Remember, the horrible nasty things that leave little dots of infection where they inflict pain on you? Right.

So a while ago Eirena thought it would be a good idea to lie down on our walkway. (This was before Dr. Daddy went to war on the fire ants.) So there were ants on the walkway and Eirena wasn't wearing a diaper, just underwear and shorts. While I was trying to convince her that it was not a good idea to lie on the walkway, she discovered why. Yes, she had ants in her pants and they bit her. So after getting all the ants off of her and claming her down, I took her inside to make sure they really were all gone.

Eirena proceeded to have me kiss all her ouches better, her knees that really was a minor scratch until she kept picking the scab, old ant bites, etc. And then she said "mommy kiss bum better". (Now while the image of this might have been amusing, I must explain that in her mind your bum is the whole area front and back, of where your underwear goes, if you know what I mean.) She didn't actually get ant bites on her bum. She got them in the front. And I'm sorry, I'll kiss her dirty little toes better, but I will not be kissing that bum better. Ah the days when the young are still innocent!

On a completely different topic, has anyone ever set off the smoke detector while taking a shower?

No comments: