I like coffee.
I like muffins.
I like cappucino muffins!
1 c. milk
2 T. instant espresso powder or instant coffee (or workout some amount of espresso)
2 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar (I usually do less)
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 egg
8 T. butter, melted and cooled (I usually do oil)
2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon (I usually forget this until its too late)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F & grease the muffin tins.
2. Scald the milk in a small saucepan over med.-high heat. Once bubbles appear around the pan's rim, remove the milk from the heat & stir in the coffee until dissolved. Cool for 5 min.
3. Whisk togetherdry ingredients (except the cinnamon), set aside.
4. Lightly whisk the egg, then whisk in the butter and vanilla until smooth. Whisking all the while, pour milk in a thin stream; continue whisking until blended. Quickly stir in dry ingredients.
5. Pour into muffin tins, sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 18 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
This is one of my favorite muffin recipes. I got it out of a muffin book, the name of which I didn't write down. It is so good even Eirena likes them... oh wait, that's not saying much, is it?
5 comments:
These were pretty popular with your Tucson fan club. Carrie and I unknowingly made them on the same day. We ate them while we made soap. Lots and lots of soap. Wish you were here to make soap with us! By the way we added chocolate chips. Yummy. (to the muffins, not the soap:-))
Know that we are making soap with you in spirit, quite coincidentally, the day you mentioned the soap making trial, Joel also got interested in making soap and so we have been doing a few batches, that what we did last night.
Choc. chips sound really good for that- too bad I don't have TJs near by to pick some up :)
These look delightful. Any idea how many chocolate chips to add? 1/2 c.? a whole cup?
Honestly I don't measure choc. chips when I put them in :) I just dump until it looks like each muffin gets at least a few. Very precise, I know. I would guess perhaps around 2/3-3/4 c.... maybe!
I made these tonight and they are yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
Post a Comment