In a moment of inspiration I decided to clean some of the stuff out of the fridge. One item that sorely needed removal was a jar of yeast that no longer rose. It was maybe two cups of yeast (very cheap, very much thanks to Costco). I in fact did have a thought process at this time. It went something like this:
The yeast is old, it doesn't react, it is dry and cold. I can just pour it down the garbage disposal and it will float away to whereever such things go. It will be so much less messy than cleaning up little bits of yeast that didn't make it into the garbage.
The problem with my thought process was that it didn't include the thought that yeast congeals into something like clay when wet, regardless of how reactive it is, or isn't.
So imagine with me, approxiamtely two cups of congealed yeast and at least a cup of fuzzy refried beans going down (and then not going down) the garbage disposal. You can imagine why there isn't a picture to go along with this post.
So Dr. Daddy wonderfully helped me unclog the disposal, and then we burned out the motor. He is currently in the process of trying to remove the motor, having sent me away as I seem to have a propensity for doing the wrong thing today.
Let this be a warning to you, one and all: don't put yeast down the garbage disposal, especially if it is at your home!
No comments:
Post a Comment