This is what Eirena worked on this morning:

here's the explanation: Henry and Choo Choo are the two trains, on the train tracks. The red blocks standing up are all the children waiting at the station to get on Henry. The orange triangles are the ladies and "mens". Pooh, his huny pot, Piglet and Tigger are also waiting to get on the train. Then we have a very very dark tunnel which the trains are about to go through (I was allowed to help with that). And next to the tunnel are yellow circles, red triangles and blue square blocks stacked up on top of each other. Those are packages that are about to go on the trains too.
It's pretty fun to watch Eirena's imagiination develop more and more and her acting out get more complex.
And on a completely different topic, and at the risk of TMI...
see this label? It belongs to a pair of my underwear. Now ignore the fact that part of the tag got shredded by our wash machine. Read the last line on the washing instructions.

It says: warm iron. WHO irons their underwear, I would like to know?! Honestly, if you have time to iron your underwear (and I'm not talking dainties, I'm talking everyday stuff) you
really need to get a hobby, a job or a kid.
Really. Even when my mom was teaching me to iron, it wasn't by practicing on underwear! (It was my dad's handerkerchiefs if you really want to know, and that is because we line-dried everything and so they wouldn't stay flat in his pocket without a little help from the iron. ) But even with line-dried underwear we didn't iron them!
Anyone want to confess to ironing their underwear now?
6 comments:
"warm iron" is way better than "dry clean only"! Right?!
You know, now that you mention it, I can only imagine how "dry clean only" could be interpreted if you didn't know about dry cleaners! SCARY!
I warm iron my underwear every Saturday morning from 9-10 right after I'm done ironing my socks.
Except not.
while you're sleeping until 2pm? :)
I haven't but I sure have been tempted to. Why? Because I hate line dried scratchy underwear and the iron softens the cotton. Anyone want to volunteer their time?
When I was in Africa they paid someone to clean the house and the lab that we worked in. If we weren't careful to hide our underwear and wash them ourselves, she would wash and iron them. Awkward. She also really liked starch.
--C
Post a Comment