On Sunday I planned to make a wilted spinach salad with baked potatoes for dinner. There was the option of making the salad not wilted, so I decided to poll Dr. Daddy on which he preferred. Turns out he didn't know what wilted salads were, so I figured I would make it wilted and he could decide. Turns out he isn't that keen on wilted spinach salads. So there we were eating dinner and somehow the conversation comes around to baked potatoes. In being married to him 7+ years, I never knew that baked potatoes were only of moderate interest to him as a carb source. Mashed potatoes are better, but his carb of choice is rice. I guess I'll stay married to him for another 7 years to see what else I can learn about him!
On a side note, I managed yet again to leave out an ingredient while cooking on Sunday. This time it was the sunflower seeds to put on the salad. Dr. Daddy is having great fun with this pregnancy, noting all the things I'm forgetting to put in our food. But I must say, that so far, I haven't yet made a tuna casserole without the tuna like a college roommate of mine once did. (She wasn't pregnant, but she was trying to impress a guy- he married her so I guess it all worked out in the end.)
1 comment:
tonight at dinner I was asking about "favorites". Abraham said his favorite type of potato was "potatoes and sauce" (read: steamed potatoes with ketchup)David heartily agreed with a shout of "sauce!" and ran to the refrigerator to get some. Adam got all stressed out about the questions and just said "I don't know. I haven't ever thought about it." Apparently he doesn't have a favorite anything. How can one properly evaluate the items? What criteria does one use? Ahhhh... brain overload...
Post a Comment