one friendly doctor.
It seems that our doctor does not approve of our vaccine schedule for Eirena. When I took her in today I got the low down from the nurse that we will now be required to bring her in every month to catch her up on ALL her vaccines. (And neatly noted in her chart which I surreptitiously read was the note by the doctor that if we refused the pt. would be discharged from practice.) The vaccine that we have long held out against? Hep B. Not because I don't think Hep. B is a bad disease, but because the chances of Eirena getting it at the age of 2 when she doesn't go to preschool is pretty low. I also am against giving her the chicken pox vaccine at this age. There is so much literature out there that indicates the chicken pox vaccine isn't all it is purported to be, and really, until you're much closer to adulthood, the disease isn't normally lethal, just inconvenient.
Anyway, so it seems that we don't see eye-to-eye with our doctor. The funny/encouraging thing about the episode was that a nurse followed me out and asked me where she could get more information on vaccine delays and alternative scheduling for her daughter who is pregnant.
So now we're faced with trying to find a new, slightly more open minded doctor before we leave to bring home Adisu, so that he can get the care he needs when he joins us. Maybe it is just pregnancy hormones, but I really didn't feel like I needed this stress right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment