Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Open Defiance

We're in a hotel for a few days. The dog is with us. The dog is in the dog house. Yesterday I took her on two walks giving her ample time to relieve herself. Then we went out for dinner. When we came back she had gotten into the trash and eaten bits of plastic and left remains of spring onions across the floor. Then we noticed a pile in a corner. And then I was getting into bed and noticed a huge wet spot. (We were gone for no more than 2 hours.)
She spent the night whining in the bathroom.
The next morning Dr. Daddy took her out to use the facilities. She refused. We brought her back inside and went to breakfast. We were gone 30 min. During that time she felt the irresistible urge to pee on the couch cushion.
She is normally good about such things. And when I am in the room with her she has no problems following the rules. So it seems that she is just mad that we left her in the room. Any ideas of what to do? I'm a little afraid to leave her in the bathroom for fear that she will shred the door. But obviously this behavior is unacceptable and can't continue.

2 comments:

Amy said...

ha! remember El Paso?

Berji's domain said...

At least she had a puppy excuse in El Paso!