Thursday, September 10, 2009

Child's play

Eirena is currently fascinated with the story of Mike Mulligan and Mary Anne. She still loves trains, but now she is broadening her play horizons to include digging and dumping dirt. (She did this before, but now she has something of a story line to go with it.) When she can't get her hands on real dirt, imaginary dirt will do. She loads her dump truck up with blocks (dirt) and takes it off to various places. Today I drew a picture of a steam shovel for her. And next to it had to be a pile of dirt. I told her she was quite capable of drawing dirt on her own. When she finally decided that I really wasn't going to draw the dirt for her, she did a fabulous job making a multi- colored mountain of dirt.

And just to round out her education, Dr. Daddy is reading select chapters to her from this book. She's learning words like igneous, metamorphic, sedimentary, meteor and extinct. Forget preschool, I think we'll just start her as a college freshman, eh?

No comments: