Eirena fell off a stool and somehow managed to splice open her ear. This is her first "big" cut, the first time I really considered taking her to the ER for an injury**. Of course this happened while Dr. Daddy was not at home for consultation on the matter, so I did the next best thing- had him call me and then emailed him pictures. I love the internet!
**(Part of my indecision on taking her to the ER stems from the fact that the only stitches I have received have been during the course of planned medical procedures- wisdom teeth removal and childbirth. I missed the childhood dramas of stitches and broken bones, so knowing what is worthy of medical attention is a little unclear for me- unless it is really obvious.)
On a completely different topic, The Wee One is belly dancing for me. I certainly couldn't move my belly that way on my own even if I tried! How he has room for such antics is beyond me. I certainly feel stretched to the max.
4 comments:
You made the right choice. Going to the E.R. involves taking your children into a waiting room where people with colds and the flu and who knows what else are waiting. It's not first come first serve - it's worst come worst served so you could be there for hours for one stitch. I hate taking the kids to even the dr. office because it usually means picking up a cold in the waiting room! Neosporin is much cheaper anyway. :)
It looks like it probably didn't need stitches.... Maybe you could put a butterfly bandage to reapproximate the skin edges to aid in healing with a less funky scar. It didn't get into the cartilage, did it?
--C
Initially I couldn't tell how far it went, but as I was cleaning and talking to Dr. Daddy, it looked to me like it was "merely a flesh wound".
Shockingly, she has managed to keep the band aid on, rather than her usual picking of all sticky things and scabs.
Where does one find butterfly bandages?
I was quite happy to keep up our track record of not visiting the ER!
If you can't find a butterfly bandage (I think most grocery store pharmacies stock them, but if you don't want to leave home and have none immediately available), you can cut out a regular Band-Aid so that the padded part has an hourglass shape, and it does the trick. I also second the person who said to avoid the ER at all costs.
My little one belly dances for me, too! What are the odds we deliver on the same day?
:-)
Post a Comment