Friday, December 4, 2009

Kudos Dr. Daddy

Dr. Daddy is really good at buying me gifts. I think it has something to do with the fact that observes and listens to me when I mention things I'm interested in or need. So I'm not usually surprised by his gifts, but they are well appreciated.
Well, one of the Waldock family traditions has been Saturday morning waffles for breakfast. Quite a few years ago I got one from my parents to help that tradition carry on. But that waffle iron has been well loved, and it only made two waffles at a time. With a family of three it was pushing the limit. Add in a growing boy... Dr. Daddy banned the use of the waffle iron due to Saturday breakfasts taking over an hour to eat because of the time it took to make enough for everyone.
But here is where he is very wise. He knew that having waffles on Saturday is an important tradition for me. So he researched and hunted, and bought me a 'new one, a bigger one... that one!' (sorry, had to throw in a quote from Pirates of the Caribbean) for my birthday. We got to try it out this past week. Yum!

2 comments:

Nathan and Rachel Waldock said...

I recognized the quote even before you said it was a quote from POTC. One thing to do is create a hyperlink on the word "that" which links to a picture of the waffle iron. - Nathan

Berji's domain said...

I actually don't know which one it is, other than checking his amazon searches, but that would give the price away too, so I opted to leave the link out.
I'm so glad someone recognized the quote :)