I'm not a big fish person. I grew up inland. Generally my idea of eating fish is going to a high elevation lake, camping nearby, catching the fish and cooking it up right there. I'm not opposed to buying it, I just don't know what to do with it at home, save for a good curry.
Anyway, rainbow trout was on sale this past week so I braved the smell and bought one, on the condition that Dr. Daddy cook it. I can't give you a precise recipe, but I will attempt to give you guidelines for how he cooked it. It was very good.
1 trout
juice of 4 limes
butter
salt
pepper
Szechuan peppercorns
garlic
ginger
Melt everything (except the fish) in a saucepan on the stove, pour some over fish. While the flavors sink in, chop onion and a tomato, cook with some chopped green beans (frozen) add some of the sauce to the beans. Stuff the fish with the beans & marinade, broil until done.
It was so good Eirena, who prefers less meat and more veggies, asked for seconds. And wanted some for lunch today too. I hope you try it!
2 comments:
This is from someone who doesn't know how to cook fish??! :)
Joel cooked it, I'm just reporting :)
Post a Comment