Friday, July 10, 2009

It's a boy!

We have a child assignment! He's a little 2 year old (give or take some months) boy. Now the person working in Ethiopia will file our case with the courts. I'm not sure I can post his picture for all the world to see yet, but he is a cutie. And he was wearing a Thomas the Train shirt ~ that can only be a positive sign, right? His older- sister- to-be will no doubt look on him favorably if he has a train shirt on!
Pray that the next steps go smoothly and pray that we will have the sizable amount of cash that we will need at the right time! We're excited about this new step!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!

Joan said...

Oh, Jeannette, we are so thrilled for you! It will be exciting to hear more of your adventure. We will pray!
Auntie Joan

Rhonda said...

How exciting! Looking forward to hearing more as things progress. Praying it all goes smoothly. Were you planning on adopting an older child close in age to Eirena or did it just work out that way?

Amy said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful, and you are in my prayers! :)

Berji's domain said...

Thanks everyone!
We had initially requested 0-18 month infant, to be younger than Eirena. But this came up and either we're crazy or God has an amazing plan. I prefer to think the latter ;)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I especially like that he was wearing a train shirt. :)
--C

Catherine said...

I was out of town so I just saw this. We are BEYOND excited for you! His soon to be nephews will be happy to share Thomas with him. :)