Friday, July 24, 2009

Gems from Eirena

  • Eirena has started the "why" phase, only she extends it to the rest of the "w" questions too. Lately, when she does something like, break her paint brush, she will ask "why did I do that?" I only wish I had an explanation for all her actions!
  • Fuzzy Bear has become an even more faithful companion for her over the past couple of months. She has taken it to an all new level this past week by saying, when we are in a store, "I need to find something for Fuzzy Bear to play with". Now sometimes it is really a toy that you could imagine her wanting for herself. But yesterday, she was quite insistent that Fuzzy Bear would like a big box of pencils.
  • Eirena is a literalist. The other day I told her to take her hands out of her pants. "They're not my pants, they're my swimming suit bottoms", she corrected me.
  • The other day Eirena, as she is prone to do, removed all her clothes while on the deck. She came back inside and was playing on the floor. (It is a hot summer here and we have 2 cats and a dog all shedding like mad- imagine the constant state of the floor, even after mopping and sweeping.) Later I was getting her ready for bed and noticed that she had picked up some of the fur on her bum. As I was cleaning her off, I explained to her she had a furry bum. So last night she proudly proclaimed... "I have a furry bum!" I just can't wait for her to say that in public.

No comments: