Monday, April 13, 2009

Heading for the hills

Dr. Daddy has a bad case of mountain fever. I.e., he really wants to see some mountains, touch them, conquer them. So we are heading to the Oklahoma/Arkansas border to see what theirs are like.
When I told Eirena we were going to go hiking she did a little happy dance. She doesn't quite understand the concept of time yet, so was sorely disappointed that we wouldn't be going today. She was also disappointed that she couldn't wear her fancy dress shoes hiking. But after I explained that we're going to be hiking for a long time so we have a lot to do to get ready, she understood that we wouldn't be going today. But tomorrow, rain or shine, we will be getting in the car and heading north, lest I have a mutiny on my hands (Dr. Daddy and Eirena).
It will be a multi-day backpacking hike (taking camp with us), the first time with a walking kid and a dog. We'll see how it works out. :)

2 comments:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

you're going to be close!

Catherine said...

Have a great trip! Looking forward to pictures and stories!