Saturday, April 18, 2009

Eirena's Friends

After many conversations with my daughter, I have come to the conclusion that Eirena has two imaginary friends. One is named Granddad, one, Grandma. How did I come to this conclusion? Well, G&G take naps with Eirena, they eat with her, they went hiking with us, go to the potty with us, ate all the cookies up and ride the train.
Eirena does have three grandparents, but one she calls Tayta and her Granddad and Grandma live in India and did not go hiking with us, take naps with her (or to the potty with us) etc. She does get to skype with her grandparents though and I think that fuels her imagination, or at least that is where she got the names from. But her G&G are very much a part of her life. And if Fuzzy Bear is real, why not G&G too?

I'm just curious as to what will happen when they visit and she finds out that they really are real! Will that just totally confuse her ability to distinguish from imaginary and real? Or is it so blurred anyway that it she will be completely unphased?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha....

I wouldn't be too worried about the mixing of reality and fiction.... My brother used to have an imaginary friend "Jet Boy" who was loosely based upon a few real people (at least two: one of his little friends and a teenage boy he knew from church). He's still friends with the first one, and Jet Boy is only a memory. :)

--C

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Interesting... I had imaginary friends as a child, but they were named Bing-Bing and Pong, so I don't know what will happen when the imaginary overlaps with the real... Fascinating!

And I love your daughter's name -- so pretty!

Berji's domain said...

Last night as we were driving back from Houston Eirena had Fuzzy Bear on her lap with crackers and pieces of bread she tore up for him all over him. He was eating. She also requested extra crackers for G&G :)

Welcome Sarah Eliza!