Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the sincerest form of flattery

Yesterday Eirena and I were talking with Grandma over skype. Eirena was in a *fine* (crazy, silly) mood. While we were talking, she kept sticking her four fingers in her mouth and then rubbing them over her face. First her cheeks, then nose, then eyes, and over again. It looked pretty odd. Now, I must interject that I have consciously determined not to be one of those mothers that cleans or straightens their child with saliva. So I couldn't figure out where she got this routine from, but it looked vaguely familiar. A little nudging of the old memory. Nudge, nudge some more- it looked like something....like something our dear Berji does on a daily basis. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the child was imitating Berji preening. Thank goodness she didn't imitate kitty yoga!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

that is hilarious. :) hopefully kitty yoga is a little more difficult to accomplish.

Berji's domain said...

not for this child! she is incredibly flexible, and I'm sure she could do it, if it occurred to her- thankfully it hasn't yet :0)