Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oddities

The other day we were headed to a park to go swimming in the natural springs that flow there. We weren't there yet, maybe a mile away. I noticed a 60-ish year old man walking down a main street. The reason I noticed him was because he was walking with his head held high completely in the buff save for a bright red Speedo that left little to the imagination. I made a comment about it and then Dr. Daddy looked in the mirror. And noticed that it was not actually just a Speedo, but a thong. Pleasant.

Today on the way back from the store I got stuck behind this truck. It was the sort of truck you'd expect to see in these parts, with the driver and passenger wearing appropriately large cowboy hats. On the hitch of the truck there was a rubber fish. It was attached so that it looked like it was eating the ball of the hitch. Normally it just sort of was there, but whenever the driver pressed on the brakes bright red eyes glowed in the fish and it flipped violently as if it was being caught. Wonder how much he spent on that set up. I was sort of surprised it didn't start singing too.

Have you seen anything odd lately? I'd love to know that these don't just happen here!

No comments: