Apparently summer is over. So says the school district. With a record temperature of 106 yesterday, I disagree.
Anyway, Eirena is a bright little 3 year old and when under-stimulated, she either gets cranky or mischievous. After discussing this for a long time and over many months, Dr. Daddy and I decided that we would start "school" with Eirena, at home. We don't want to send her to preschool and we also are hoping that teaching her (and showing that learning can be fun) will rub off on her reluctant- learner brother. We are following the Sonlight curriculum which is primarily reading quality books aloud. We've only just begun, but so far Eirena is pretty interested and a happy participant.
3 comments:
Hey there! I've been considering Sonlight as well. I'm proud of you starting off already. Daniel is 3 now and I'm wondering how to occupy him this year so he doesn't get understimulated and end up cranky and mischievous as you described!
Yay! Glad my Sonlight love has rubbed off on you - it's so much fun! :-) I was surprised, when we did P3/4 and E was not yet 2, how quickly he started wanting to sit still and listen in. Adisu may just do the same.
That is the hope! :)
Post a Comment