or maybe for my own good. Friday evening Dr. Daddy laid out a plan with me as we walked to the park with Eirena. He would go get i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m while I put Eirena to bed and made chocolate sauce. Sounded like a fair deal to me.
With Eirena in bed we enjoyed our treat.
The next day Eirena went to the fridge and reached up to open the freezer door. (She is getting entirely too tall.) She insisted that she wanted to look in there to see what she could have. I had forgotten about t-r-e-a-t in there, so didn't think was anything of particular interest to her. I told her there wasn't anything interesting in there. She insisted there was. Finely I asked her what it was that she wanted. "Some of that ice cream over there", she told me.
So either she got really lucky in us having ice cream in the freezer when she was looking (although the cartons were turned around so not even a picture was showing).
Or... she understood the implications of Dr. Daddy's spelling words out (even though she can't spell) to mean that there is something special. She frequently looks in the fridge for something to eat, but never before has she opened the freezer and adamantly insisted there was something in there that might interest her.
I actually think it was the latter and I'm a little worried about how easily she has caught on to such things. Dr. Daddy and I might have to take to talking in Turkish around her just to slow her down a little!
No comments:
Post a Comment