I think many mothers of young ones find themselves in the dilemma of arranging their schedules so that they may take a shower. It isn't always possible to get a shower before the dad heads to work, which leaves you with an inquisitive toddler away from parental supervision while you bathe. Now some days this works out well. Eirena may be busy coloring the carpet or playing with her trains.
Other days... she's a little more active. Today I was enjoying the warm water when I heard the pitter patter of little feet. I peeked out and saw her, shirt lifted up, applying Dr. Daddy's deodorant to her underarms. Nothing like a masculine smell to help you feel like you can conquer the world! (I must give her credit- the first time she tried deodorant she applied it to her face, months later it was to her belly. At least now she's using it in the right place.) I persuaded her to put the deodorant down and let her play with dental floss instead while I finished up my shower.
2 comments:
So cute :) It's good that you're keeping track of all the cute things she's doing in your blog. It's such fun to have a record to look back on later. Our eldest is 22 (aaah, how did that happen!) and is getting married in the spring, so I'm having some lovely, nostalgic moments looking through all the old baby/toddler pictures. Keep taking pictures! You'll never be sorry :)
I think my favorite part about this story is that you replaced one hygiene practice for another. Nice.
Post a Comment