It just a typical Wednesday. Someone has an issue about getting into the van, but settle down once we're on our way to the grocery store. We march through the parking lot making a Rover, Red Rover line. Eirena and I get our samples of coffee (hers is ALWAYS decaf) and then my three eager helpers and I gather groceries. They launch the apples into the bag, pull the more interesting stuff out and grab produce bags, dodging other shoppers.
They have a little radar for when we're about to be done and immediately start asking for a little treat (a honey stick or lollipop). While we wait in line, elderly shoppers remark on how they are precious and well-behaved. (Sometimes I tell them it is the bribe of the honey stick.)
We go to our next store, we have less to get here so I let Eskil ride in the main compartment of the cart. While we're walking down the aisle Eirena dives in, not bothering to wait for me to stop. I've seen the look of panic on onlookers' faces while they watch my kids climb into the cart. No, they don't need help- they're experienced cart climbers.
We get eggs. I caution the E's about not stepping on the eggs. Eskil Realizes there are eggs. He starts examining the dinosaur eggs. I hurriedly put them back in the carton. They are distracted by the marketing on packages temporarily, waxing eloquently on whether some picture is a race car or a really fast sports car.
We're nearly done... but wait, there are plastic storage bins on sale. We need some, so I get one and dump it on top of two children and the groceries. Storage bin? Did I say it was a storage bin? Clearly I am delusional. It is a percussion instrument, as demonstrated by the E's all the way to the check out line.
Just another Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment